After several EPs with Harkin & Raney and a handful of edits released on wax via Wurst and Subway Series, Eamon’s first solo full production EP hits the shops this week on Throne of Blood. Roman Flugel and Brendon Moeller offer up remixes to the two original tracks – “Rigor Music” & “Electric Light”. You can have a listen below.
1. Caribou – Caribou stepped onto the dance floor in 2011, and his arrival was most welcome, for it brought us a refreshingly musical and superbly produced set of 12 inch singles. His remixes for Virgo 4 and Junior Boys raised the bar and were the staples of many a Mister Saturday Night set this year. But it’s this remix of a rare African jam produced under his Daphni guise and released on his own Jialong imprint which was the stand out for me. I first heard this when he played for us back in March. It’s been in my bag ever since.
2. Four Tet – In a similar vein, Four Tet has leaned into dance music culture extending himself as a DJ and continuing to push forward with his own vinyl only 12 inch label: Text Records (strangely missing from most year end polls on best labels). Again the result is a breath of fresh air. We were extremely happy to have Kieran play the opening Mister Sunday this year (he’s back playing with us in February at 12-turn-13). . . . Read on
The guys from Dog & Pony recently requested a mix from Harkin & Raney to form part of a recent edition of their ongoing podcast series. This seemed like a good opportunity to pull together all the production work, encompassing original tracks and remixes for Wurst Music Co, On The Prowl and of course Throne of Blood, to date by Steve Raney and myself. Here in isolation is that collection of tracks in mix format to download. It contains some unreleased and soon-to-be-released material.
1. Harkin & Raney – Workin’ & Steamin’ (Throne of Blood)
2. Neurotic Drum Band – Robotic Hypnotic Adventure (Harkin & Raney Remix) (Wurst Music Co.)
3. Harkin & Raney – Happenstance (Unreleased)
4. OneAuff (aka Steve Raney) – Heavy Heady (Throne of Blood)
5. Corinne – Dream A Little Dream (Harkin & Raney Remix) (On The Prowl)
6. Harkin & Raney – Word To The Wise (Throne of Blood)
7. Eamon Harkin – Rigor Music (Throne of Blood)
8. Harkin & Raney – Shakes On (Throne of Blood)
Today sees the release of a second Throne of Blood EP from Eamon’s production project with studio partner Steve Raney.
Harkin & Raney‘s ‘Shakes On’ EP explores a version of deep and broody house which has caught the ears and gained the support of The Revenge, Mark E, Neville Watson, Soul Clap, Spencer Parker, Hunee and Craig Richards. They’ve also pulled in a top drawer remix from JG Wilkes of Optimo under his Naum Gabo guise.
Review’s from Resident Advisor, xlr8r and Little White Earbuds can be found here and here and here respectively.
Our buddies in New York, Jacques Renault & Marcos Cabral, have been working hard on their On The Prowl imprint of late. Of particular interest on the roster is their latest signing, San Jose native Corinne, an artist who collaborates with wonder-producer Josh Anzano to bring the timeless sounds of Latin Freestyle flooding back to our ears.
The boys kindly asked for a remix from Harkin & Raney (Eamon Harkin & Steve Raney) for the latest EP from Corinne. And they happily find themselves keeping company alongside Runaway (Jacques & Marcos), Kompakt’s Mugwump and the fantastic Midnight Magic.
Here are is the full and dub versions of the Harkin & Raney remix. Enjoy!