Eamon and Justin have submitted this week’s FACT Mix. It’s a companion piece to Weekends and Beginnings, their first official mix CD, released just last month . You can stream and download the mix above and read a little more on what the folks at FACT had to say right here.
We’re taking Mister Sunday indoors for the winter.
Justin will be DJing all afternoon and evening long, and you’ll bring the moves. The party will be on Sunday, December 21 at Shea Stadium, which is not, in fact, a stadium but actually an intimate loft space with wood floors and a balcony outside. Because is the space is small, the party an advance-ticket-only affair. We think advance tickets will sell relatively quickly, so jump on it!
Hours, ticket price and all that is over to the right. We hope to see you there!
**A note for the parents: This party is all ages, but our indoor parties tend to be less little-kid-friendly because of limited space for the kiddoes to run around in.
***Country Boys won’t be serving food after all, so if you’d like to eat something, feel free to bring a snack.
Yesterday Justin dropped in to Duane Harriott’s WFMU show, The Duane Train. The two chatted, and Justin played music, some from a digging session at Snickars Records in Stockholm and then some new and unreleased stuff from friends (Floating Points, Nebraska, Whities Records and Luaka Bop) as well as unreleased, upcoming music on Mister Saturday Night Records (Archie Pelago and General Ludd). This is Justin’s DJ set. If you want to hear the whole show, complete with interviews and selections from the ever excellent Duane Harriott, head this way.
Here’s the tracklisting for the set:
01. Merit Hemmingson – Martas Liniment – EMI Sweden
02. Collage – Halb Sirp – Wool Recordings
03. Tribute – New Views – Heavenly Heights
04. U – The Kids Will Take Care of Themselves – Phantasy
05. Nebraska – Stand Your Ground – Unreleased
06. Moreno Veloso – Em todo Lugar (Javelin remix) – Forthcoming on Luaka Bop
07. Floating Points – Nuits Sononores – Forthcoming on Eglo
08. Archie Pelago – Clammy Customer feat. Gabriel Garzon-Montano – Forthcoming on Mister Saturday Night Records
09. Kowton – Doing Nothing – Forthcoming on Whities
10. General Ludd – Are You Losing My Hearing – Forthcoming on Mister Saturday Night Records
11. Brett Dancer – I’ll Be There – Track Mode
Eamon and Justin are playing Danny Krivit’s 718 Sessions on Sunday, December 14. It’ll be the guys’ first gig back in New York since the outdoor season ended, and it couldn’t be a better return. If you’ve never been to a 718 Sessions, get ready to be wowed. Not only is Danny a superb DJ (a real hero of ours), the 718 crowd is incredible. You’re gonna get along with them swimmingly. Details are over to the right. We hope to see you there!
Mister Saturday Night Records is releasing a special mix by Eamon Harkin and Justin Carter called Weekends and Beginnings. It’s an 18-track mix that was recorded live at Mister Sunday in late August. It’s out now almost everywhere (except for Japan, when the release date is December 10th).
You can buy physical copies at the Mister Store and, if you’re on the other side of the pond, from our friends at Phonica. It’s also available digitally on iTunes and such.
Here’s the tracklisting:
01. Le Chanteur – La Passion des Collines**
02. Terrence Jerome – Believe**
03. Alice Smith – Love Endeavor (Maurice Fulton Remix)
04. Nebraska – Green Marimba
05. Cobblestone Jazz – Traffic Jam
06. Mr. G – Daily Prayer
07. Anthony Parasole/Elgato – Quickstrike/Zone
08. Caribou – Leave House (Motor City Drum Ensemble Remix)
09. Adesse Versions – Modal
10. Jasper Street Company – Solid Ground (Tommy Musto Remix)
11. House of Gypsies – Another Worry
12. Lord Nelson – Shango (Daniel Haaksman and DJ Beware Remix)
13. DJ Duke – Sun Beats
14. Jurgen Paape – Take That
15. Ike Release – Phazzled
16. Recloose – Can’t Take It (Herbert’s Some Dumb Dub)
17. Bassclef – Ghost Kicks In The Spiral
18. Sam Orwell – Secret Nothings**
**The songs with the stars are only on the CD version of the mix. Everything else will be available on the digital version. We’ll also do a vinyl sampler of select cuts in January.