We’ve teamed up with Boiler Room to start a regular Mister Saturday Night show. It’s a big first for MSN and Boiler Room – for us, because, well, we’ve never done a TV show; and for Boiler Room because the focus is almost exclusively on dancers, kind of like a DIY Soul Train. The first episode was shot at The Lab, a regular NYC House Dance session, and it premiers on Thursday at 11am EST (4pm GMT). The Boiler Room guys have posted an interview with Justin, Eamon and two of The Lab’s dancers as a preview.
We’re back to London on March 8, the first of three Mister Sundays in London this year. Tickets are posted right here.
We’re taking Mister Sunday indoors for the winter.
Justin will be DJing all afternoon and evening long, and you’ll bring the moves. The party will be on Sunday, December 21 at Shea Stadium, which is not, in fact, a stadium but actually an intimate loft space with wood floors and a balcony outside. Because is the space is small, the party an advance-ticket-only affair. We think advance tickets will sell relatively quickly, so jump on it!
Hours, ticket price and all that is over to the right. We hope to see you there!
**A note for the parents: This party is all ages, but our indoor parties tend to be less little-kid-friendly because of limited space for the kiddoes to run around in.
***Country Boys won’t be serving food after all, so if you’d like to eat something, feel free to bring a snack.
Yesterday Justin dropped in to Duane Harriott’s WFMU show, The Duane Train. The two chatted, and Justin played music, some from a digging session at Snickars Records in Stockholm and then some new and unreleased stuff from friends (Floating Points, Nebraska, Whities Records and Luaka Bop) as well as unreleased, upcoming music on Mister Saturday Night Records (Archie Pelago and General Ludd). This is Justin’s DJ set. If you want to hear the whole show, complete with interviews and selections from the ever excellent Duane Harriott, head this way.
Here’s the tracklisting for the set:
01. Merit Hemmingson – Martas Liniment – EMI Sweden
02. Collage – Halb Sirp – Wool Recordings
03. Tribute – New Views – Heavenly Heights
04. U – The Kids Will Take Care of Themselves - Phantasy
05. Nebraska – Stand Your Ground – Unreleased
06. Moreno Veloso - Em todo Lugar (Javelin remix) – Forthcoming on Luaka Bop
07. Floating Points - Nuits Sononores – Forthcoming on Eglo
08. Archie Pelago - Clammy Customer feat. Gabriel Garzon-Montano - Forthcoming on Mister Saturday Night Records
09. Kowton - Doing Nothing – Forthcoming on Whities
10. General Ludd - Are You Losing My Hearing – Forthcoming on Mister Saturday Night Records
11. Brett Dancer – I’ll Be There – Track Mode
Eamon and Justin are playing Danny Krivit’s 718 Sessions on Sunday, December 14. It’ll be the guys’ first gig back in New York since the outdoor season ended, and it couldn’t be a better return. If you’ve never been to a 718 Sessions, get ready to be wowed. Not only is Danny a superb DJ (a real hero of ours), the 718 crowd is incredible. You’re gonna get along with them swimmingly. Details are over to the right. We hope to see you there!